Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Packing (for the) Heat

In my book, there’s no bigger end-of-the-weekend buzz-kill than hauling a bag stuffed with unworn shoes/handbags/dresses/tops/shorts out to the cab/car/jitney. I’m hot. I’m usually hung-over. I’m tempted to abandon it all at the curb. Adding insult to injury? I have to unpack said items once I get home. (Or, in my case, ten days later.) This summer I’m on a mission to perfect the art of weekend packing. My weapons of choice? Three multi-tasking, travel-friendly pieces that go from day to date, boardwalk to barstool.

Elegant enough for a nice dinner out, yet breezy enough for a walk down the beach, this sweeping, strapless number from Theory is one of my favorite recent finds.

Comfy as a flip-flop but markedly fancier, metallic flat sandals are pretty much my favorite thing to wear in the summer. An added bonus? They take up just a sliver of space in my bag.

This roomy, oversized clutch is exactly the right size for a magazine or two and my absolute essentials, yet it’s chic and polished enough for evening.

Now the question remains: What to do with the time I used to spend fighting with the zipper on my Samsonite Sunday morning…

No comments: