Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Fashion: Our Favorites from What’s New

Countless examples of modern chic arrive at shopbop every day, and we’d be doing you a disservice if we didn’t tell you we find a few eye-catching standouts to covet each and every one of those days. That’s why we’re bringing you First Fashion, your morning look at our favorites in What’s New. Have some style with your coffee.


Today finds me in a characteristically ‘80s state of mind:


It’s no secret I have a major thing for shrunken blazers, and just as I bid a teary farewell to the woolly tweed Rag & Bone one I’ve been living in for the last six months, along comes this little linen jacket from Thayer to squire me through summer.











Leggings are a mainstay of my wardrobe, so I’m always on the lookout for new styles to add to my collection. Zipper detail gives this pair from LNA a distinctly downtown vibe--perfect with a slouchy tunic and beat-up Converse. So far I’ve stayed pretty sedate with the black and charcoal, but the brilliant violet has been beckoning to me.











My first album was Like a Virgin, and perhaps this explains my weakness for anything lingerie-inspired. Needless to say, when this strapless Laila Azhar number showed up on the rack I was all over it. Understated and elegant enough to wear to a semi-formal event, the subtle bustier-like detailing at the bodice gives this style just the right amount of naughtiness.

No comments: