Friday, May 23, 2008

First Fashion: The Best of What's New

Too many days in a row in jeans and a tee has me craving something a little fancy.
Like a modern take on that effortlessly elegant ’70s-Hollywood-Pool-Party look I’m forever traipsing after. It shimmers ever so slightly, and I love how the sheer overlay subdues the bold print of the skirt. (Iisli - Shimmer Nile Dress)
My love affair with blazers continues! This one evokes the elegance of men’s formalwear, but with a decidedly feminine fit. I’m wearing it this weekend with dark skinnies, a white tee, and my patent Loeffler Randall Pumps. (Alexander Wang - Boyfriend Blazer)
I’ve been losing my mind over Elizabeth and James ever since the first pieces started trickling in a couple months back. As this top shows, the designers have clearly mastered that elusive combination of fashion-forward, feminine, and utterly wearable. (Elizabeth and James - Joni Tunic)

No comments: