Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Fashion: Our Favorites from What’s New

I just read this quote about buying clothes for the life you actually lead. Does this resonate with anyone else? It does with me. But after much trial and error (and many years of wrestling with a closet filled with items better suited to a Broadway costume designer) I’ve finally found the staples I live in.
I’m always on the lookout for offbeat little flats. These keep me mobile for whatever the day holds and the grosgrain bow gives them that wry, irreverent quality I associate (for no real reason) with cool British women.
Maloles Metallic Bow Ballet Flat
I used to carry this ginormous bag with me at all times, telling myself it was practical, until it dawned on me: doing that awkward knee-balance thing while digging into the depths of my bag for the eighth time that day wasn’t practical, it was downright annoying. This roomy (but not ridiculously so) Rebecca Minkoff holds everything I need and its structured shape feels chic, not sloppy. Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini Bag
Too early for cashmere? Not for those of us who spend our days in aggressively air-conditioned environments. A cashmere cardigan is the definition of everyday luxury for me—I snap up nearly every new Vince one that comes along. Vince One Button Cashmere Cardigan
The everyday-chic pieces you’ll reach for again and again? Find yours right here, in What’s New.

No comments: